How Long After Otoplasty Surgery Can I Use Earrings? (photo)

Hi I am writing because I am wondering how long after otoplasty surgery is it indicated to wear normal earrings . Thanks for letting me know . In my case t is already a month post operatively. Have a great day!!

Ear Piercing after Otoplasty Surgery?

+1

Always best to check with your plastic surgeon before piercing. Only he/she knows exactly what was done and is ultimately responsible for your care.

How Long After Otoplasty Surgery Can I Use Earrings?

+1

Light earrings may be OK, but I would check with your surgeon as he or she knows the specific details of surgical maneuvers performed and has some sense of your healing progression.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Earrings after otoplasty

+1

Dear Vanevane:

It s always best to ask your surgeon about his preference in terms of wearing earrings after otoplasty since otoplasty varies slightly form surgeon to surgeon.  With the usual otoplasty that does not involve changing the shape or position of the earlobe, one can wear small, light earrings immediately after the surgery.

John F. Reinisch, MD

Otoplasty earrings wearing

+1

You can wear them after the bandages are off. 5 days post op would be excellent unless your ear lobe was moved back as well. Then I would ask your surgeon.

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ear Ring Wear after Otoplasty

+1

There is no reason not to return to wearing ear rings at one month after otoplasty surgery.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Otoplasty and earrings

+1

It is fine to wear light weight earrings at this point.  Follow your Plastic Surgeons instructions for a fast recovery!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Otoplasty and Earrings

+1

Thank you for the photograph.  It is perfectly fine to wear normal sized and weight earrings at this point in your recovery. 

Best Wishes

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

When can earrings be worn after otoplasty?

+1

In most instances, I think it would be fine to wear earrings one month after an otoplasty.  You should probably check with your surgeon first though, as he or she is most familiar with your particular procedure and would be able to give you the best advice in your particular circumstance.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon