Doxycycline Hyclate/Blue Light Therapy?

Yesterday I went to see my Dermotoligist and she put me on doxycycline hycalte 100 mg for my acne(moderate), and I'm also getting the Blue light Therapy done every week... Should I be doing the blue light while using doxycycline hyclate ? And she gave me epiduo I feel like I'm doing to much?? Lol :( help

Combination Treatment for Acne

+2

Since acne has numerous causes, we often use combination therapy to treat acne as effectively as possible.  The oral antibiotics work in the different way than Epiduo (which is a combination of adapalene and benzoyl peroxide) to treat acne.  Additionally, blue light therapy helps to kill the acne-causing p. acnes bacteria on the skin and may even produce improvement more quickly than prescription medications.  This is not "too much" and will hopefully be an effective treatment regimen for your acne.

Too many acne treatments?

+2

All of those treatments are fine to do together and none of them will interact negatively with one another. While it might seem like a lot of steps, my assumption is that you actually have different types of acne and each treatment is targeted at different aspects of the acne. It's not unusual to put people on multiple therapies at once.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD