Does Doxycycline Hyclate 100 Mg Cause Hair Loss?

Ok so I'm taking this pill.. It's been about 10 days and I'm getting some hair loss.. Is this drug known for hair loss as a side effect??? Or am I crazy? Lol

Doxycycline and hair loss

+2

There are many factors that can affect hair growth - nutrition, surgery, anemia or low iron stores, thyroid imbalances, collagen vascular disease, just to name a few.  It would be unlikely that 10 days of Doxycycline would cause hair loss.  There are reports of hair loss with doxycycline treatment, but hair loss is not a usual side effect of doxycycline.  I suggest you see your health care provider for full workup of hair loss.

(This answer is posted for patients’ general education only and not intended nor implied to be a substitute for medical advice.  Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider for further evaluation of your individual case.)

Seattle Dermatologist