Breast Implants Second Surgery, Three Months and Half Ago. Does Smoking 3 Cigarette Sticks Affect Outcome of Surgery?

I am non smoker i only smoked in my life for one year and the box lasted two weeks or more. I have smoked three cigarrete sticks, one last week and one yesterday and the other one today. I feel my breasts a little harder than ussual and i am very consistent with the massage right now i do it once a day. I dont know if it is my mind because the first surgery didnt work. But is it possible that smoking those three cigarretesmare causing a capsular contracture??? i am freaking out, please help.

Capsular Contracture From Smoking

+1
Smoking puts you at a higher risk of experiencing skin loss and poor wound healing, but it has not been associated with capsular contracture. Infection has been related to the development of CC (and smoking can increase your risk of infection).

Breast implants second surgery, three months and half agi. Does smoking 3 cigarett sticks affect outcome?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question! The issue with nicotine is that it also acts as a vasoconstrictor, clamping down of blood vessels. Blood supply is always of great concern during any surgical procedure, but especially in such a procedure as a mastopexy where the viability of the nipple-areolar complex is obviously important. Since the vascularity to the area is already tenuous since it will be raised by cutting around the area, maximizing blood flow to the tissue is critical.  There is no known literature supporting tobacco use and capsular contracture.  Follow-up with your surgeon and discuss your issues as well as potential treaments.

Typically, we recommend at least 6 weeks of smoking cessation prior to and at least 6 weeks after any surgical procedure. The longer, the better. Nicotine always increases the risk for infection, nipple necrosis, poor scarring, and wound complications, as well as other health consequences including blood clots. The anesthesia risk is greater with general anesthesia as well as pulmonary issues/lung infections postoperatively. I would discuss this with your surgeon prior to your procedure. Hope that this helps! Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Smoking and Capsular Contracture

+1

There is no evidence that smoking causing capsular contracture.  Smoking will tend to cause problems with wound healing.

Smoking

+1

there is no correlation between cigarette smoking and capsular contracture. smoking however will delay wound healing

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

3 cigarettes and capsular contracture

+1

Your details are a bit sketchy, it is unclear when you have revision surgery.  3 cigarettes should not be a significant issue.

Does Smoking 3 Cigarette Sticks Affect Outcome of Surgery?

+1

Extremely unlikely. The main problems with cigarettes are due to decreased blood supply due to the nicotine effect narrowing small arteries, and this is a serious and real risk in lifting operations (Face lift, tummy tuck, breast lift) but hardly of any consequence in most other plastic surgery procedures.Three days is long enough, time to calm down.