Puckering from Lift?

I'm one month post from my breast implants 450cc smooth silicone gel, and donut lift. I got my half of my stitches out and i got the rest of the stitches out nov 8. I had steri strips on for a week after my stitches were taken out. I have been putting bio oil on after showers and exfoliating every other day in the shower. After that i keep my silicone sheets on for 24hrs a day. There is puckering around my areola and i'm just wondering if this looks normal and when this usually takes to go away?

Circumareolar puckering

+1
Puckering in the circumareolar is common after breast augment with mastopexy. It will take several months for the scarring to begin to settle down.

Puckering from a breast lift.

+1

Puckering after a "donut lift" or periareolar mastopexy is very common. In order to close the breast skin around the smaller areola, puckering or bunching of the skin results. This can take several months before it resolves. Gentle massage and time is usually all that is necessary.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Puckering following a circumareolar lift

+1

This puckering is a typical consequence of a circumareolar lift.  What you are seeing is what occurs following the use of a pursestring suture.  This is exactly what happens when the strings of a coin purse are cinched.  The use of silicone tape is excellent.  This puckering differs from person to person, but should resolve in a few months.  Good luck!

Jason R. Hess, MD

Puckering around Areola After Breast Lift Will Usually Go Away

+1

Whenever we try to cheat mother nature, we have to expect some delays and timing issues.  The skin around the areola will usually smooth out over a few months, as long as the surgeon did not try to cheat by too much!  I would expect most of the wrinkles and pleating to be gone within 6 months.

Claudio DeLorenzi, MD

Circumareola reduction

+1

A circumareola reduction or donut lift is a great way to raise the areola up in an augmentation. There almost always is a bit of puckering that usually subsides after a few months.

Skin puckering after a breast lift

+1

With a periareolar breast lift you can expect puckering around the areola for about three to six months. I recommend patients use either silicone gel or silicone tape to expedite this process. The skin will smooth out over time, you just need to be patient. 

If you have any concerns you should contact your plastic surgeon for a further examination.

Dr. Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Puckering From Periareolar Mastopexy May Last for Months

+1

The suture materials commonly used for closure in a periareolar lift like you had performed often lead to puckering for several months, but does eventually resolve.  If this suture was used in your case, I am surprised that the surgeon did not make you aware of this.

John Whitt, MD

Skin puckering after breast lift is very common

+1

It is very common following augmentation with a periareolar mastopexy to have some degree of puckering. The degree is usually related to the amount of lift and the discrepancies between the two circumferences, one being your nipple areola and the other the size of the donut skin excision. From your photos, the puckering appears rather mild and should resolve generally over several months.

William F. DeLuca Jr, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Puckering and pleating of areolar scar

+1

Puckering is extremely common with the circumareolar technique and the resolution of these depend on the amount of the lift, the size of the implants, the skin quality, the suture materials and other certain techniical aspects. Generally this improves by 6-9 months.

Puckering from an Around the Areola Breast Lift

+1

Regarding: "Puckering from Lift?
I'm one month post from my breast implants 450cc smooth silicone gel, and donut lift. I got my half of my stitches out and i got the rest of the stitches out nov 8. I had steri strips on for a week after my stitches were taken out. I have been putting bio oil on after showers and exfoliating every other day in the shower. After that i keep my silicone sheets on for 24hrs a day. There is puckering around my areola and i'm just wondering if this looks normal and when this usually takes to go away
?"

Consider for a minute how the areola (the INNER donut) is made to fit the OUTER margin (left by removing the extra skin around the perimeter of the areola). Fitting a large radius circle to that of a smaller circle means that wider stitch bites need to be taken on the edge of the outer circle than on the inner (areola) circle and when the stitch is tightened there is crumpling / puckering of the outer circle.

Depending on the size of the donut circle removed (IE the extent of mismatch), a lot of the crumpling flattens several months after surgery, but the scar will never be a narrow thin line and in some cases may need to be revised.

Dr. Peter Aldea