Will Pubic Hair Grow Back After 2 Laser Hair Removals?

I had 2 brazilian laser hair removal treatments. I had discussed with the nurse that I was thinking about keeping a landing strip. The nurse ended up lasering off the whole area. Upon regrowth I saw a lot of bald spots where the landing strip would be. I was discouraged and figured I lost my chance and had a second treatment. I regret that. Wondering if I have a chance of growing back a landing strip if I do my next treatments and leave that area open to grow hair back?

Laser Hair Removal Tips

+1

We tell our patients that it will take 6 treatments (spread out every 6 weeks) to achieve about an 80-90% permanent reduction. 2 treatments are not usually enough. It is important to be specific about what area you want treated (or in your case, not treated). I think you DO have a chance of growing back hair - but it may be more sparse. Just have the specialist avoid that area with your next treatments.

Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser Hair Removal - Pubic Area

+1

Thank you for your question. Typically, after two treatments, the hair will be thinner, more sparse, but should not be completely gone in the treated area as only 10-20% of hairs may be removed.  I would refrain from treatments until hair has returned, then you can make a better plan on how to continue.  Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in laser surgery and ethnic skin for the most effective and safe treatments. I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Is all the hair gone?

+1

Hi Olinda.  The answer is, we're not sure and only time will tell.  We tell our patients that 6 treatments are usually required to get rid of 75% - 95% of the hair permanently but each time you usually lose about 20%.  So, if you want to preserve hair in this area, just let it go and you should see some growth.  How much is the real question and we are not sure.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Brazilian bikini laser hair removal advice

+1

I do brazilian bikini laser hair removal for my patients all the time.  If you want to maintain some hair, just make sure the doctor doesn't treat that area next time.  After two treatments I doubt very much that all the hair will be gone. 

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologist