Judging from my photos, do I Have Ptosis?

Mild ptosis, if any...

+2

The typical distance from the center of the cornea  to the edge of the upper eyelid is 3.5- 4.5 mm.

In the photos supplied, it would seem that you have only minimal ptosis, if any.

An oculoplastic specialist would who is a member of ASOPRS would generally be most experienced in sorting out your options with you if you have a very mild ptosis.

Mark Lucarelli, MD FACS

Madison, WI

Madison Oculoplastic Surgeon

Do I have ptosis

+2

These are not the best photos to evaluate your etes, but from these it does not appear that you have true upper eyelid ptosis.

Yes you have ptosis

+2

Rollz

Yes you have mild upper eyelid ptosis.  The ptosis does not affect your vision.  Is it a cosmetic issue?  It can be for some.  However, for many a small degree of ptosis it not an issue and works for facial aesthetics.  The images you provided are not a substitute for a consultation and having a small degree of ptosis does not mean you need a surgery.

Blepharoplasty and eyelid ptosis

+2

From your photos it is difficult to tell if you have eyelid ptosis.  True ptosis is defined as the eyelid obstructing the pupil and blocking the upper visual field.  To properly assess you eyelids a physician would need to see your eyelids not only at rest but also in motion. 

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Visual field testing will confirm lid ptosis

+2

Lid ptosis is determined by encroachment on the pupil which reduces vision in the upper field of gaze. With lid ptosis the visual impairment can be measured by visual field testing. The machine will detect your response to light perception in the full visual field and map out any deficiency. Your photo looks just fine though.

peterejohnsonmd

Eye lid ptosis

+2

It would be helpful to see the movement of your eye lids but by the photos you have submitted it does not look like you have a significant degree of eye lid ptosis.  Your eyes have a very nice appearance and if you are seeing all areas of your visual fields you should not worry.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Ptosis

+1

Rollz,

It is difficult to tell whether you have ptosis from photographs without examining you.  If I had to judge from these pthosos, I would say that you may have very mild ptosis.  I recommend you have a consultation with an eyelid specialist who is a member of the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.

Michael McCracken, MD
Lone Tree Oculoplastic Surgeon