Abnormal Eyelid After Wrong Diagnosis At Young Age. What Can I Do? (photo)

Hi,i had an herpes keratitis when i was 4(in the left eye), it was confused with an allergy and not well threated at first,so i'm 17 now and i have an anormal eyelid,what do you think about it?it can be restored to normal?i'm ready to do whatever it takes Thank you for your times

You have left upper eyelid ptosis.

+2

Generally ptosis of the upper eyelid responds well to surgery.  What you really need is a detailed personal consultation to assess your eyelids and determine your corneal status.  Based on this an appropriate surgical plan can be developed for you.  The American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery maintains a geographic directory on their website that will help you find a well qualified surgery.

Eyelid ptosis

+1

Your left upper eyelid is slightly droopy [eyelid ptosis]. This can be addressed corrected surgically, via a couple of different techniques, depending on which is appropriate for you. I doubt that this had anything to do with the Herpes Keratitis.

If you decide to explore this further, I would recommend consultation with an ASOPRS trained Oculoplastics surgeon. You can find one close to you on the ASOPRS dot org website.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon