It's day three after my ptosis surgery. I have all these extra creases. Is this normal?

It's day three after my ptosis surgery. I had "PTOSIS LEFT" and "Ptosis of eyelid (unilateral) Correction of (Assist) RIGHT". Currently my right eye looks amazing, but my left.. i have all these extra creases (like before, but higher). Is this normal for healing? I went to a board certified oculoplastic surgeon. I'm 20 years of age.

It's just too early to tell if your ptosis surgery healing is normal

+1

hi Sarah

a lot of patients have a lot of anxiety during the healing period. You really have to give it anywhere from 2 to 4 months before you can judge for sure whether not the surgery was successful and your crease will take on appearance that you desire. Sorry I can't be of more help to you but again it's just too early to say for sure. Simply have your surgeon file you closely and address all your concerns. I'll attach a video that may be helpful to you.

give it time and I'm sure you would do well.

Chase Lay, MD

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon