Ptosis Surgery Swelling Not Healing

I had congenital ptosis on left eye (2~2.5 mm), the surgeon performed levator resection of 20mm saying levator function was good, Surgery was performed on 6th October 2010, now it has been almost two months but swelling is still there and now i had a bumpy look at eye lid and eye lid is swelling almost 4mm and looking more odd than before surgery. The satures were undissolvable and were treated one week after surgery. Please tell me that is it normal?

Two months is a short time

+1

Two months after surgery is a very short time. I would wait atleast 6 months total to really assess how the swelling has resolved. In one more month you should have a fair idea but it may not be completely healed yet

Washington DC Oculoplastic Surgeon