Can Ptosis Surgery Cause my Eyelid to Droop More?

I had minor congenital ptosis in my left eye. My surgeon said it was 2mm lower than my right eye. I recently had ptosis repair and my left eyelid actually drooped more than it did prior to surgery. Is this because the muscle was shortened? I was told I had a great muscle because I had eyelid had movement in all directions, including upwards. My eyelid now sits on the border of the pupil after my first surgery and blocks my field of vision. What might have happened?

The success rate of any ptosis surgery is no better than about 80%

+1
This means that 2 to 3 in 10 individuals under going ptosis surgery can have a result that may benefit from revisional surgery.  You did not tell us when surgery was performed.  If you just recently had ptosis surgery, be patient.  Swelling from the surgery can weigh the eyelid down and this can take many weeks to slowly resolve.  As it does, the eyelid will begin to open up.  Honestly, I am very concerned if an eyelid is at the desired level right after ptosis surgery because this is generally an indication of an overcorrection.  Of the two circumstances, I would rather deal with an under correction.