Ptosis or Orbital Dystopia? Pic Included!

I have asymmetrical eyes, one is noticeably higher than the other. About four years ago the eyelid above my higher eye began having difficulties that still persist. Sometimes when I wake up in the morning or after a long day I have trouble opening my eye and my eyelid feels extremely heavy. Is this ptosis or is this caused by my eye being higher? Or is my eye asymmetry caused by the ptosis? Can any of this be fixed? I'm extremely insecure about it and my self esteem is pretty much shot :/

Eyelid and orbital asymmetry

+2

I do agree with my colleagues tha the left upper lid is lower than the right and also agree with the need to consult an oculoplastic surgeon.  If you or he really believe that there is orbital asymmetry (cannot tell from photo) then an imaging study would be reasonable to rule out orbital pathology.  Dood luck!

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asymmetric upper lids

+2

You do have upper eyelid asymmetry, with the left side being lower than the right side (in the photo).  This asymmetry can be improved with nonsurgical methods (combination of filler and botox) or surgery.  Consult an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

You have both.

+2

Your left eye does sit lower in your face than your right eye.  Also the left upper eyelid appears to be ptotic as well.  I would recommend a detailed oculoplastic consultation.   The American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery maintains a website with a geographic directory that will help you find a well qualified oculoplastic surgeon in your area (asoprs.org).