Do I Have Ptosis? I Notice Recently That my Right is Smaller Than my Left Eye is This Ptosis? (photo)

Do I Have ptosis?

+2

The difference in the upper lid position with respect to the center of the cornea can be up to 1mm and still be considered normal. So I don't think you have ptosis at the present time. You do have a little crease asymmetry (the fold of skin above the upper lashes). This can be easily corrected.

Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Do I Have Ptosis?

+1

Thank you for your question. This can be Ptosis if the upper lid is not opening up all the way and the eye appears to be smaller due to the laxity in the lid. That is ptosis of the eyelid.   I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

SLight asymmetry

+1

You do have a small asymmetry between the two eyes [right eyelid is slightly lower]. I also see that you are elevating your eyebrows in this photo. This may be a sign of compensation for droopy eyelids.

You should have an inperson evaluation by an oculoplastics surgeon to assess your anatomy.

A link is provided below to find a surgeon near you.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Modest asymmetries of the eyelids should probably be left alone.

+1

The asymmetry of the eyelids pictured is extremely modest. My advisor be to avoid any surgery.

A sight dystopica, but not ptosis

+1

From your eyes, a slight dystopica is detected, and the length of superior tarsal folds are different, but this is not a case of ptosis.

Taek Keun Kwon, MD
South Korea Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid asymmetry

+1

It is difficult to tell from the photo if you subtle ptosis of the right upper eyelid. You also have more left upper eyelid fullness compared to the right side, which can increase the asymmetry. See an oculoplastic specialist for evaluation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ptosis

+1

Based on your photographs, you do not have a true ptosis where your eyelid line falls below the upper limbus. Most people have an asymmetry in their eyelids. Wait until you are older and then consider a correction. All the best.

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon