Possible Ptosis on One Eyelid Appearing Only when Tired?

In 2007 I was checked by an ofthalmologist and he noticed my left eyelid dropping. On 2006 I had lasik surgery (with a few failed attempts at putting the clamps), but I never noticed it before. Most of the day it's difficult to see since I always exercise a bit of strength to keep them raised, but in the moment I relax, it starts to drop and the left eyelid closes before the right one. At the end of day I also feel something inside the eyelid and over the eye, as if the muscle felt really tired.

Ptosis evaluation

+2

There are many subtleties to the evaluation of eyelid ptosis, and possible need for ptosis surgery. You need an in-person evaluation.

If you decide to explore this further, I would recommend consultation with an ASOPRS trained Oculoplastics surgeon. You can find one close to you on the ASOPRS dot org website.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Normally ptosis asymmetric and worse when tired

+1

What you are describing is the norm for eyelid ptosis. Most cases are asymmetric and worse when tired. See an oculoplastic surgeon for evaluation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon