Do I Have Ptosis? One Eye Seems More Closed Than the Other. (photo)

Hi, I am 20 years old and have noticed a problem with my eyes in photographs. I am not sure what is wrong with them. At the beginning of the year I started wearing glasses and contacts. (-1.00). I went back to my photos and it seems in my school photographs my left eye has been slightly smaller since grade 7. I am not sure what is wrong but I have done a bit of research on droopy eyelids.

20 y.o. with uneven, (droopy?) eyelid

+1
Thank you for the photos. It does look that one is lower than the other.  It sounds by your description that you may have drooping, (ptosis) of the eyelid. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon or oculoplastic surgeon. they will listen to you and do an exam to see if you need a standard blepharoplasty, or an operation to raise your eyelid.

Web reference: http://www.jjrothmd.com/procedures/blepharoplasty-eyelift

If one eye is more closed or droopy than the other, you have ptosis.

+1

Thanks for sharing the photos, they are very helpful. Some are born with weak eyelids that are droopy ( ptosis) . Others notice the increasing droop as they get older. There are many causes and a thorough evaluation by a Plastic Surgeon would be a reasonable first step. Surgery is effective in fixing the problem.

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.