Ptosis Correction 6 Days Ago, Eyes Look Same as Before?

i had ptosis on my right eye corrected 6 days ago, i was supposed to fly back to my surgeon at 7 days, my son is sick with the flu his childcare wouldn't take him i had no one else to look after him so i went to my gp yesterday to have stitches removed early as he was going away,there doesn't seem to be much swelling at the moment and my eye looks the same as it did before also when the doctor took my stitches out he was really rough and pulled on my eye alot. will this affect my results?

The skin sutures are different than the ptosis sutures

+1

Thank you for the question.  It is difficult to provide accurate advice without knowing your full history and at least the before and after photos.  The one caveat is that the skin sutures that your GP removed are different than the sutures used internally for the ptosis repair.

Dr Remus Repta

Eyelid ptosis correction is done from the inside.

+1

Hi.

I don't think removing the skin stitches will affect your result.  Of course you should see your surgeon as soon as possible.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)