Age 48 With Mild Rheumatoid Arthritis. Am I a Candidate For Lipo on Abs, Flanks, and Back?

Can a Pt Who Has Mild RA Had Liposuction in Abdomen,flanks and Back or is Too Risky? Been 48 yrs old and have mild RA other than that health is pretty good, should this be something to worry about for a person that is about to have liposuction with a brazilian butt lift? what's the odd and con.

Rhematoid and lipo

+1

You shoudl be fine but a medicaton review must be done along with a thourogh medical evaluation and blood tests.

Liposuction

+1

Rheumatoid arthritis in and of itself should have no bearing on the surgery. However the medications you take for it may as they can thin your blood, delay the healing process and/or increase your risk for infection after surgery. You will need to review your medications with your doctors and may need to temporarily stop some of them.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD