Psoriasis and Breast Augmentation?

Hello, About two years ago I've been diagnosed with a very MILD/MINOR case of psoriasis, which is a skin disease (autoimmune) I believe? I was wondering would it be wise for me to get Breast Augmentation? would it have any effect on the outcome of getting breast augmentation? Thank you.

Psoriasis and Implants

+2

There is the potential of the Koebner phenomenon: the development of psoriasis at a site of skin trauma, which can occur at an incision, such as for augmentation.

You would be wise to consult your dermatologist about this, before committing to an elective cosmetic procedure.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Psoriasis and breast implant augmentation.

+1

I have operated on patients with mild psoriasis without adverse events. However, it may depend on the location of the psoriasis as well as the medications used to manage the condiition.

Breast Augmentation and Psoriasis

+1

If you have a mild form of psoriasis and you are NOT taking medications that dampen your immune system (steroids, methotrexate, etc.) then you should be able to have a breast augmentation.   Additionally, please double check with your physician treating your psoriasis.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Breast Augmentation and Psoriasis

+1

There are no studies indicating exacerbation of psoriasis due to breast augmentation.  I would suggest that you will likely tolerate an augmentation procedure without complication, but it would be wise to discuss this with your family doctor and/or dermatologist.

Jason R. Hess, MD

Psoriasis and surgery

+1

This is a tough question to answer  because it is hard to predcit how your skin will resct to surgery. It is best to consult a dermatologist first.