Pseudomonas After Breast Implants?

Can pseudomonas manifest its symptoms 2 years post surgery of Breast implants? Date of surgery was 6/2008.

Now I have a red spot kind of like a blister that was cultured by primary M.D. and it was positve for pseudomonas.

Return to your plastic surgeon for a thorough physical evaluation and clinical work up

+1

It is unusual, but possible, for an infection including pseudomonas to manifest itself three years following a breast augmentation. Typically, other symptoms and clinical findings are manifested. I would advise you to return to your plastic surgeon for a thorough physical evaluation and clinical work up!

Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Pseudomonas possible after breast implants

+1

Breast implant infections with unusual organisms can happen years after an implant operation, but all because there is a wound nearby your chest or breasts doesn't necessarily mean your implants are also infected. I would take your culture results to your plastic surgeon and have the situation properly evaluated to have your options explained.

Best Regards and Good luck.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon