Pseudo Capsule and Scar Tissue Following Chin Implant Removal?

19 days post ip chin implant removal. In for 4.5 months. Extra small size decided after doc trying small first. I've read the pseudo capsule will just collapse and allow chin for some "augmentation" and also that the body absorbs it over time. Chin still has width of chin implant but narrower as well. Wondering how much my old chin will come back or of I can expect this new width( that I do not care for) to remain. What determines amount of scar tissue. does it take 3 months for swelling to subside

Scar Tissue after Chin Implant Removal

+2

You are correct that a pseudo capsule will shrink, but it takes longer than 3 months, in my experience. I would not be concerned at this moment that your chin still looks like the implant is there; give it 6-12 mos before deciding whether the scar tissue is permanent.

Teaneck Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scar tissue after chin implant removal

+2

Typically it can taken several months for the scar tissue to resolve. Generally speaking it should return completely or very close to the original state prior to placing the implant.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon