PS is Suggesting Revision Surgery and Its Only Been 4 Weeks Since my Mastopexy/augmentation/reduction? (photo)

Mastopexy & Augmentation (480cc saline) with reduction of right breast on 4/11/13. My PS is already mentioning scar revision & correction of implant placement (they are very high) & surgery again was probable but wait 6 months to make final decision. The whole situation is making me uneasy as wound care has been changed twice and delayed healing seems to be an issue. My concern is shape & size difference and would like opinions if it seems like corrective surgery is in my near future? Thank you!

Revision of Augmentation-Mastopexy

+2

Thank you for your photograph.  I would wait at least 3-6 months before considering any revisions.  If there is still asymmetry, then more reduction and skin removal may be in order to improve size and shape.

Dr. ES

Too early

+2

Swelling is resolving over the first 3 months. This leads to contour irregularities that are not permanent. Give it at least 3 months to settle out and heal and then consider a revision with your surgeon. I sometimes perform revisions on areas that I or my patients are unhappy with. Good news it's usually amenable to in office under local! Work with your surgeon even if its just emotional support you require at your current phase of recovery. It's very normal!

David Shifrin, MD

Revision is only one possibility

+2

I agree that, if the decision had to be made today, then a revision would be needed, primarily to address the scars.  Fortunately, time is our friend.  After six months, all of the issues you have brought up may take care of themselves, even the scars.  Try not to worry and give it time.  Even if a revision is needed, it is usually a minor surgical procedure.  Good luck.

Michael S. Hopkins, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Mastopexy augmentation correction/ cortrecion de mastopexia de aumento

+2

Sincerely: i would agree with your PS indications  are wright elsewherre ,but in an another case like a friend and or relatives i would rather choose this tecnique by Google: "mastopexy augmentation 5th generation".and there you will realize of benefits. like avoiding so many scars

sinceramente  creo que las indicaciones de su cirujano plastico son las correctas en cualquier parte, en algo parecido con sus amigas o parientes  por favor  recomiendeles esta tecnica que evita tanta cicatriz click  en  google:"mastopexia de aumento 5a generacion"

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Possible revision of your breast surgery.

+2

It appears from the picture listed you have superficial separation of your incisions. This can happen because of poor healing, infection or tension (large implant or tight closure). I think your surgeon is preparing you for the possibility of a breast revision given the separation of your incisions. My advice to you is take a deep breath, let your body heal and wait at least 6 months for your tissues to calm down and mature. the implants will settle more as you heal...I know it's tough, but be patient and try to work with your surgeon.

I'm guessing, but I do think you'll need a scar revision in 6 months. 

Good luck.

Kenneth Bermudez, MD

Revision Mastopexy Augmentation

+2

Looking at your photo, there is a little asymmetry in the inferolateral (lower outer) quadrants of your breasts with the right being a little larger in volume there than the left. Your implants seem to be in a good position (not too high).

As you are only a month from surgery, I'd give it another 4-5 months for the breasts to remodel so any revisional surgery if needed yields predictable results. I suspect your plastic surgeon just wants a perfect result for you and is preparing you for all options out of due diligence. Your plastic surgeon should be commended for this approach.

Regards,

Dr Kevin Ho

Kevin Ho, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

PS is Suggesting Revision Surgery and Its Only Been 4 Weeks Since my Mastopexy/augmentation/reduction?

+2

I see a small amount of asymmetry. Without preop photos I can't comment much more, but I would guess your breasts may have been more uneven then than now. 

I don't see that either implant looks too high, and I really can't tell on this single view if there is a size difference. Even if present, it may be temporary, related to the difference in swelling as expected since more surgery was done on that side. 

I agree with a six month wait before any decision about revision. I am far from certain that one may be necessary. All the best. 

PS suggesting Revision Surgery following Mastopexy/augmentation/reduction

+1

You have suffered wound dehiscence (incisions coming apart) and delayed healing following your breast surgery, and your wounds need to heal, the swelling resolve, and the scar tissue (both on and within the breast) soften and mature before any thought is given to proceeding with revision surgery.  Perhaps your surgeon is "preparing" you for the likelihood of a later revision by mentioning it now.  In any event, I would wait at least 6 months following your surgery before a revision if necessary.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Post aug-pexy wound healing problems and scarring.

+1

It is wise to wait at least 6 months before entertaining any type of revision. Large augmentation/mastopexies can lead to difficulties with healing. Be patient and follow your plastic surgeon's advice.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

PS is Suggesting Revision Surgery and Its Only Been 4 Weeks Since my Mastopexy/augmentation/reduction

+1

I would wait a minimum of six months before any revisions.  You do have some asymmetry and you may need skin excision as well as tissue reduction for your revision.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD