Ask PS NOT to Numb my Breast During Explant?

I'm having implant removal done in a few weeks and I don't want my breasts to be shot with numbing stuff, during my augmentation my left breast developed a weird reaction to the numbing and had like a yellow type bruise for weeks and not that second of my breast is permanently numb, it sucks, and I don't want to lose anymore sensation. Can I request this? I don't even care about pain post op I just DO NOT WANT TO BE NUMBED. I'm going under general anyways for the operation.

+1

Although I am not convinced that I see a connection between your post op issues and the local anesthesia, so long as you are having a general anesthetic it is not necessary to use any numbing meds. Just inform your surgeon of your request. 

Numbing injections for implant removal

+1

If you are going to be under general anesthesia anyway then the injection of a numbing agent is not necessary.  I would certainly discuss your concerns with the plastic surgeon doing your procedure.

Ask Plastic Surgeon NOT to Numb my Breast During Explant?

+1

Although I am confused with your reasoning, you can certainly ask your plastic surgeon not to use local anesthesia. Best wishes.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/breast-implant-removal.htm