I'm 32 yrs old. I have a scar on my lower leg for years now and want to remove it. What treatment would you recommend? (photo)

how can i minimize or get rid of the scars?

Leg scars

+2
My advice would be to avoid surgicial revision. Legs do not heal well even with meticulous stitching. Laser revision would be my advice. Creams and peels do not penetrate to the depth of the scar tissues. 

Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon

Treatment of lower leg scar

+2
This is a substantial scar and I do not believe that non-invasive methods will produce an improvement worth paying for.  My recommendation would be for serial excisions to produce the smallest resultant scar possible for the largest scar.  There isn't very much excess skin on the leg so this also is beneficial in terms of permitting sufficient coverage. Skin grafting would produce even more noticeable scarring and I would rule it out in your case.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Your best options

+2
Hello epoch82. Your best options to minimize the scars are microdermabrasion or chemical peels. I wouldn't recommend surgery as the lower legs have tighter skin that's harder to heal and surgery could leave larger scars. Best of luck.

Michael E. Jones, MD