Protruding Xiphoid Process After Tummy Tuck

I am currently 27 yrs. old and in 2007 I weighed 325. After 1.5 yrs. I lost 145 lbs. I decided to have a full abdominplasty w/ abdominal plication on 12/27/11. I'm extremely happy w/ the results except I've noticed a baseball sized protrusion in the center of my chest. It doesn't hurt and feels visceral, not seroma like. It seems to me the PS over-Plicated and now my xiphoid process protrudes. I understand significant swelling 2.5 wks Post-Op but will this subside? If not, can it be fixed?

Tummy Tuck and Xiphoid Process?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures. 

Congratulations on your significant weight loss and recent surgery.

Your plastic surgery will be in the best position to examine you and give you good advice. However, based on the pictures, I think the fullness is somewhat low to be  the xiphoid process. The size and shape of the protrusion also does not fit.

Again, your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to give you precise advice after examination.