Protruding Lower Lateral Cartilage Following Septorhinoplasty. Causes? How To Fix? (photo)

I had septorhinoplasty 3 weeks ago and as a result, I have a bulging white piece of cartilage protruding out of my nostril. It is extremely visible. Can you tell me what this is, how it occurred and if it can be fixed. Thank you!

Protruding Lower Lateral Cartilage Following Septorhinoplasty. Causes? How To Fix?

+2

I agree with my colleauges.  You should see your Rhinoplasty surgeon ASAP for evaluation and possible treatment.

Bulging of Columella 3 Weeks Post Rhinoplasty

+1

The fullness you observe may be secondary to cartilage, a stitch, infection, or the accumulation of fluid. Rather than have us diagnose the problem and treat you over the internet, I suggest you visit your surgeon.

Bulging cartilage

+1

That looks more like a suture abscess then bulging cartilage at this stage post op. See your doctor promptly.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scar Tissue

+1

It is hard to say for sure what this is without examining you in person.  It could potentially be scar tissue or even an abscess that has formed.  Please follow up with your original surgeon to express your concerns.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Protrusion from nostril after rhinoplasty

+1

It's really hard to say what is causing the protrusion in your nose without an examination. You would be best served by seeing your surgeon to get a better idea of what is going on.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD