Protruding Abdominal Muscles, Pregnancy After Tummy Tuck. Is This Normal?

I became pregnant 6 weeks after a tummy tuck. Since delivering my son, my abdominal muscles feel like they are protruding. When I'm lying down and go to lift up, they feel like they ball up. If I'm standing and I bend over, when I feel my stomach, it feels like the muscles fall forward. Is this normal?

Pregnant after tummy tuck

+1

You should follow up with your plastic surgeon that did the tummy tuck.   Only he knows the type of abdominal wall repair and the suture used.  If need be he could discuss this with you OB doctor.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Diastasis after pregnancy

+1

Pregnancy, as well as weight gain, can sometimes cause the tissue between the abdominal (rectus) muscles to stretch out. Even if you had this area tightened with your tummy tuck, your pregnancy could have caused the tissues to stretch again. An exam by your surgeon can evaluate your tissues for stretching. You may decide to have the area tightened again.