Proper Technique for Injecting Radiesse in the Nose?

I have had 4 treatments of Radiesse injected into my nose following a unsuccessful rhinoplasty. Most physicians are not trained to inject filler into the nose, but I know that there is risks. Is there a resource for physicians and/or patients to assist with proper technique for nose fillers and how to best deal with any complications? I have had good results so far, and this appears a life long options vs. trying another rhinoplasty. Thank you.

Injecting fillers in the nose

+1

Various fillers have now been used to correct rhinoplasty irregularities. The hyaluronic acid fillers like restylane & juvederm are ideal because if there are any issues or problems, then they can be dissolved with an antidote, hyaluronidase.

Any filler in the nose lasts longer than other areas of the face. If one is happy with the result of a hyaluronic acid filler, then the next time I would say radiesse can be considered which likely lasts longer, though there is no easy antidote if you're not happy with the result.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm better than Radiesse in nose.

+1

Hi.

No filler is permanent. The biggest concern is to avoid lumps and irregularities.

For a non-surgical rhinoplasty (injections in the nose), I think Juvederm is more forgiving than Radiesse, and lasts about the same time.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Proper Technique of Injecting Radiesse in the Nose

+1

Hi Red,

The use of Radiesse in the nose (the non-surgical rhinoplasty) is an "off label" non-FDA approved use of theproduct. Therefore, there are no formal resources or educational programs for the proper techniques. Many physicians who perform the treatment share their techniques at conferences or informally.

The treatment should be performed by a physician who is knowledgeable regarding the nose. I would have a well trained rhinoplastic surgeon perform the procedure if it were on my nose. It is a delicate area that is unforgiving if the procedure is performed improperly.

A revision rhinoplasty can be performed as an alternative to a lifetime of nasal injections.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD