Serdev Lift - Will it scar?

i just found a proper name for the happy lift. it is called serdev lift. will it scar? I'm 29 and just want to freshen up my skin especially jowl and nasolabial fold. But i do not want my family to know. So will there be any form of scar after the Serdev lift?

Serdev lift???

+1

Facelift is a technique based on principles not marketing and hype. At you age it is doubtful you would need a facelift. There are probably other things that one can do which are less invasive and may address your concerns. Speak with a plastic surgeon.

If there is a name or a thread attached to a Facelift dont have it-facelift requires skill not marketing

+1

A Facelift is a Facelift and any skilled, reputable, honest experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon will call a Facelift a Facelift.

Fancy names used to describe a Facelift are a marketing ploy to seduce you to believe that you are getting something easier or better than a Facelift or are an expression of the Surgeons ego need for name recognition. Caveat Emptor-let the buyer beware.

Threads placed in the face often cause deformities and frequently give out with recurrence of sagging. Many of the experienced highly successful Facelift surgeons I know do not use threads. They create beautiful Facelift results with their surgical skills, not threads.

You are most likely too young to have  a Facelift. Consult a reputable Board Certified Plastic Surgeon-Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who has a good reputation as a Facelift Surgeon and listen to his/her advice.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Scarring after Serdev Lift

+1

In 35 years, I've never recommended any type of facelift, including this thread lift, for a 29 y.o. lady.  Less invasive techniques including peels, lasers, fillers, and skin care by a qualified aesthetician will usually meet the needs of a patient  your age. 

Minimally invasive procedures (Threadlift) often produce minimal results

+1

I would agree with my colleagues that the threadlift techniques have fallen out of favor. Some of the products have been voluntarily withdrawn from the market due to problems with the threads. I would not anticipate a significant change in the nasolabial folds with this technique either. Skin care/ sunscreen, Botox, fillers (nasolabial fold, pre-jowl sulcus) will likely be much more gratifying for you. Good skin care now will give you the most benefit for your hard earned dollars.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Serdev Lift - Will it scar

+1

Another name for a threadlift. No scars but also no result of lasting significance. You must be careful or you will loss your money. From MIAMI Dr. B

Be Careful of Proprietary Procedure Names

+1

At age 29, I would venture to guess that you do not need any form of lifting procedure and I would strongly encourage you to consider other less invasive options (aesthetician services, good skin care, and possibly fillers).  I believe that Serdev lift is a form of thread lift. Thread lifting in general has had a less than stellar track record because of a lack of durability or results.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon