How Do I Take Proper Care of my Porcelain Veneers?

Do I need any special toothpaste to keep them clean. Are there certain foods to stay away from? Is staining a problem with certain foods? Is biting down on certain foods more risky with veneers? Or are veneers stronger than regular teeth?

How Should I Care For My Veneers?

+1

Caring for your veneers is not much different than natural teeth.  You should brush and floss daily to keep your gums healthy and free of bacteria.  Use a nonabrasive toothpaste and a Sonicare toothbrush is preferred.  Finally, your dental hygienist will use a different polishing paste than is normally used on natural enamel.  Now you have no excuse for not maintaining your pearly whites!

Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Tips for maintaining healthy and beautiful veneers

+1

The proper care for porcelain veneers is simialr to natural teeth. Floss first once a day before brushing, then brush twice a day  for two full minutes and rinse thoroughly. In the evening, brush before bed and do not drink or eat afterwards. Have dental hygiene cleanings at least two to three times a year. Do not brush with anything overly abrasive that may scratch the porcelain surface. StarBrite whitening toothpaste is a great toothpaste to keep your smile healthy!

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Protect your Veneers with..

+1

Using proper brushing and floosing techniques. The best thing to remember is to remind your hygienist to not use abrasive polish on your veneers. They are the shiniest they will ever be when first placed..

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Taking care of veneers

+1

However long veneers last depends on how well they're taken care of.  Brushing with regular toothpaste and flossing twice a day are critical.  It is also very important to refrain from biting into hard foods such as steak or an apple with veneers.  Cut the food into pieces and chew with the back teeth.  Some foods that cause staining on teeth are curry, red wine, coffee, and black tea; however, these stains can be polished off with a professional dental cleaning.  Also, people who grind or clench their teeth should definitely get an occlusal guard, aka a nightguard, to prevent any fracturing or attrition of teeth/veneers.  Enjoy your veneers.  Best, Dr. Elizabeth Jahanian

Corona Cosmetic Dentist

Porcelain Veneer Care

+1

As a rule of thumb, you should care for your veneers in the same manner as your natural teeth.  Brush, Floss and Hygiene treatments at least 2 times per year.  Most of my patients are seen by my hygienist 4 times per year.  It is the cheapest bit of insurance anyone could have.

Anything that could break a tooth could break a veneer.  Although highly resistant to staining, any surface stain will be easily removed by the hygienist with a prophy jet.

Fairfield Cosmetic Dentist

Taking care of Veneers

+1

I have veneers in my own mouth. Brush, floss and get a professional cleaning every three months at the dental office. Any tooth paste with fluoride is fine. Any foods should be fine, but be aware that heavily pigmented foods can stain the cement line where the porcelain meets the actual tooth.

Palm Beach Cosmetic Dentist