Propantheline Bromide for Hyperhidrosis?

Is propantheline bromide effective as a treatment for hyperhidrosis? I have palmer, planter and axillary hyperhidrosis and have heard varying reports as to the effectiveness of medication like this.

Miradry system for Hyperhidrosis in Los Angeles

+1

I would recommend the Miradry system for axillary hyperhidrosis. I offer this in my Los Angeles office and have seen very positive results. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Propantheline Not Really Specific

+1

The problem with these anticholinergic side effects, which are frequently worse than the hyperhidrosis.  Botox reduces the hyperhidrosis in a very specific fashion, but the cost is much greater.

Propantheline for hyperhidrosis vs Glycopyrrolate

+1

Propantheline and glycopyrrolate are used to treat hyperhidrosis and their effect is variable but most insurance companies want atients to try to take one of these anticholinergic medications - their effectiveness is less than 1 in 2 patients and they can have side effects of dry eyes/mouth, palpitations of the heart, abdominal cramps, sexual dysfunction in men (rare), among others and you should get the full list from the pharmacist.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon