Pronounced/puffy Upper Lip Area? (photo)

The area around my upper lip is really puffy and pronounced. What is that? And is there anything I can do to correct it.

Lip "Fat"

+2

From what I think you're referring to, it looks like you're concerned about the normal outline of the lip. This border may just be a little more pronounced in you. But, if anything, I know of many patients who would be happy to have lips as full and pronounced as yours. I wouldn't recommend doing anything cosmetically to alter the shape of your lips, as you'd likely end up less happy. 

Puffy upper lip.

+2

You are the only one who notices this and it is normal in many people---NO surgery---leave it alone and smile!

Lip Augmentation

+1

Dear sydkait,

• Your lips look nice and full, do not reduce them
  • The other thing is that the pic was taken looking up, try a straight frontal pic to better assess the area

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Upper lip

+1

The puffiness in the upper lip logically would be fat. But it could be collection of blood vessels, though unusual to be on both sides.

Mostly fat.

Puffy Upper Lip

+1

What you are describing as puffy appears normal to me. I wouldn't do anything. Perhaps try not staring at it so much. Sorry to have to be so frank. 

Channing R. Barnett, MD