Pronounced Indentation in Breast After Augmentation? (photo)

Hello, I am 12 days post-op from a submuscular silicone augmentation. I have 445cc silicone Mentor implants in both breasts with an inframammary incision. I currently have a deep and wide indentation in my left breast approximately 1" below my armpit. Will this indent work itself out as the implant settles, or could it be the result of having too little breast tissue initially? I do not have my next post-op appointment for several weeks and am very concerned about the need for revision!

Skin changes after breast augmentation

+1

I would wait 2-3 months for the swelling to resolve before making any final judgements on dimpling.  Then, if it's still present your plastic surgeon might to revise the pocket a little.

Web reference: http://www.baltimoreplasticsurgery.com/Procedures_BreastAugmentation_865362.aspx

Indentation in my breast 12 days after breast augmentation

+1

At just 12 days post op from a breast augmentation, it's really to early to worry about a revision.  Follow your surgeon's post op instructions and most importantly, try not to worry.  Your breasts will change quite a bit in the next 3-6 months and most of those irregularities that you are noticing will go away on their own as your implants settle.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Early Post-op Concerns

+1

Don't worry.  You have a fairly large implant in your petite frame and that is the cause of most of the changes you see.  They are high, firm, slightly uneven and indents and irregularities.  With time and massage these will all work out.  Follow your PS instructions and communicate your concerns to him.  Good Luck!

Reading Plastic Surgeon

Breast irregularities early after augmentation

+1

Since your surgery is 'done', follow your surgeon's advice and instructions to achieve the best results.  The depression could smooth out but you won't know until your healing is 'done'.  Focus on your massaging and other maneuvers given to you by your surgeon and hope for the best result.  If you have depressions then, there are always solutions to help remedy them. 

Breast Augmentation Recovery

+1

You will need to allow more time for healing to see whether the area of concern will resolve. After a few months, you can reevaluate to see whether any further treatment is advisable.

Web reference: http://www.chicagobreast.com

Looking at details 12 days after breast augmentation - indent

+1

While I can understand your concern, it is much too early to be looking at details like the area that you point out.  It is very common for the area on the side of the breast to look "unusual" at this very early time after your surgery.  Don't worry.  Continue to follow your surgeons advice and try to be patient.  If this is really bothering you, you could always ask your surgeon to see you sooner so her could reassure you.  Good luck!

Dr. Parham Ganchi - NJ Plastic Surgeon

Web reference: http://www.ganchi.com/plastic-surgery/breast-body-procedures/breast-augmentation/

Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Pronounced Indentation in Breast After Augmentation?

+1

Much took early to be concerned about an indentation on the lateral breast. You are riding very high due to swelling. So allow a few months of healing than see if the indentation has corrected itself. 

Silicone gel implants decrease the risk of but don't eliminate contour irregularities that are visible.

+1

The part of the breast pointed out in the photograph is not covered by the pectoralis muscle. In a very thin patient some contour irregularity can be seen even with silicone gel implants.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,13-atlanta-breast-augmentation.htm

Breast Indentation

+1

It is difficult to visualize the contour irregularity from the current photos, but these issues are seen occasionally after submuscular augmentations. There are a number of causes for this, but it usually resolves with time, at least three months.Be sure to follow up with your surgeon, so he or she can monitor its progress and decide if anything surgical needs to be done. This is rarely the case.

Munster Plastic Surgeon

Indentation after breast augmentation

+1

An indentation at 12 days may be from many different things, and commonly as the implants settle the indentations usually disappear.