I Have Prominent Veins on my Hand As Well As Bulging Cephalic Veins. is It Safe for Sclerotherapy?

Sclerotherapy

+2

Normal veins of the hand and arm. absolutely no sclerotherapy for these veins. These normal veins are and will become important when you need venous access.

Sclerotherapy for Hand Veins

+1
You can get sclerotherapy safely if you don't like their appearance and this is strictly a cosmetic procedure. Watch the video about hand vein therapy. 

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Prominent Veins on Hand and Bulging Cephalic Veins

+1

Thank you for your question. Yes, but don't ruin ones you may need someday for an IV. If you are ever in need of an IV, you don't want them unable to find a vein. Veins are body art so don't remove all of them. Keep a few around for a rainy day. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Dorsal Hand Veins

+1

I would not recommend injecting these veins. In the future, should you need an IV, these veins would be sclerosed and not useful. A better idea would be to have filler injected into the back of your hands to cover these veins. When you were younger, these veins were present, but now, with age, the subcutaneous tissue overlying the veins has diminished, causing the veins to look more pronounced.I prefer to use Radiesse.

Gail Nield, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Cosmetic procedure

+1

The treatment of hand and forearm veins is strictly a cosmetic procedure but it certainly can be done.  I have treated many hand veins and several forearm veins.  Hand vein treatment is certainly more common.  I use a combination of sclerotherapy for the smaller veins and laser ablation for the larger veins.  Besides the face and neck, the hands are the next area that shows signs of aging. The treatment is well tolerated with excellent cosmetic results.

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon