How to Get Rid of Visible and Prominent Surgery Scar?

The scar is about 3-4 inches long and very red in color located under my breast area. I already had surgery to reduce the thickness of this scar but I am not satisfied because the surgery just left another type of scar.

Red scarring

+1
Since you have already undergone a scar revision, the postoperative treatment is also important. Silicone sheeting or kenalog injections may be reasonable modalities to employ. You should discuss these with your plastic surgeon who can suggest a treatment plan.

There are a variety of ways to improve scars like you describe

+1

There are a variety of ways to improve scars like you describe. Some respond to lasers or IPL. Others can be improved by injections of cortisone derivatives. Sometimes cortisone tape can diminish the redness. I suggest you see your dermatologist for advice.

William P. Coleman III, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Prominent scars

+1

Red and firm scars are sometimes difficult to deal with. If you already had a scar revision and it is recent I often suggest keeping it taped for 4-6 weeks after surgery.  In addition, silicone sheeting may be helpful.