Prominent Chin Reduction Method? (photo)

Hello. I have a prominent chin. The doctor told me that abrasion of tip will be enough. But I think that moving of a bony segment, sliding genioplasty is also needed. Is it possible to move chin a bit backwards and change the shape of the tip by chiselling? Many thanks in advance

Chin reduction with sliding genioplasty

+2

Depending on the level of reduction desired chin reduction can be done using a sanding process or by using a reverse sliding genioplasty technique.

During genioplasty it may also be possible to remove a wedge of bone to futher reduce the chin size.

The bone segment can also be reshaped at the same time as well.

Reducing a Large Chin

+2

Assuming your dental occlusion is normal the chin can be reduced by simply burring (filing) the excess bone. A sliding genioplasty, a much bigger procedure, will probably not be necessary.