Prominent Brow Shaving on Women? (photo)

I'm an 18 year old girl and have what seems to be a prominent brow ridge. I know this is mostly common in men and so far I have only seen me and mom have as women. I feel like it makes me look manly and i want to change that. How can this problem be solved?

Prominent brow bone treatment in women.

+2

I have done hundreds of these surgeries on both men and women.  The bone does not have to be removed but can be shaved and the root of your nose augmented at the same time.  Your hairline can be lowered as well at the same time. 

Treatment for prominent brow in females

+2

You have a prominent frontal bone and deep set eyes - A brow contouring procedure can be done for cosmetic purposes. I've done this procedure through an open brow lift approach, removed the front of the forehead bone, contoured the forehead bone and then replaced it, smoothing the reconstructed forhead bone with medical cement. The frontal sinus is just behind this bone. Its an involved procedure and should be done by a surgeon with craniofacial surgical experience.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Prominent supraorbital ridge

+1

Prominent supraorbital ridge is seen frequently. It can be shaved using a BURR and lower the prominence.

This is commonly used in facial feminization procedures.

One need an X-Ray to make sure of the thicness of the bone and the frontal sius.

The surgery is done as open technique with Bicoronal incision for proper visualization and precise surgery.