Am I Prolonging my Swelling After a Lifestyle Lift?

Five weeks ago I had a lifestyle lift, laser resurfacing and liposuction under my chin. Ten weeks ago I quit smoking and have gained 8 pounds. In spite of a healthy low fat diet I'm having a tough time with weight. I have always been a walker and am not power walking but have increased my distance to six miles three times a week with a three mile walk three days. Does walking which seems tame interfere with healing? Some days I wake up looking like myself and others I look like an alien.

Prolonged Swelling

+1

Although not typical, sometimes we see people with prolonged swelling weeks and even months after surgery. I think it would be prudent for you to visit your doctor to make sure everything in your face is healing OK. Once he assures you of this, you can continue with a healthy lifestyle which is always a good idea.

What is the best way to recover after a facelift

+1

Congratulations on your smoking cessation. Your body will thank you for decades to come. Unfortunately, weight gain can occur after you quit smoking. It is very important to monitor your diet and exercise program to ensure that you are optimising your weight loss potential. If I were you I would look for a wellness clinic in your area and seek out diet and exercise advise. Regarding walking, you should be fine walking three miles five weeks after a facelift. Keep in mind that the entire healing process for a facelift can last for several months. Light cardio activity should not jeopardize your results at this point. Make sure to follow up with your surgeon to ensure that you are healing normally.