Prolonged Swelling Full Incisional Double Eyelid Surgery

I had full incisional double eyelid surgery almost a year ago when I was 19 and asked for a small tapered crease. The results are generally as desired, however the crease still somewhat looks and feels swollen to a small degree. Is it possible to have swelling over a year after incisional double eyelid surgery? And will the swelling eventually dissipate?

Swelling after Asian Double Eyelid Surgery and whether it was normal

+1

One year is a little long after Asian Double Eyelid Surgery. Ultimately, I would need to see your pictures or in person.  It is possible that this swelling could be from scar tissue, it could be due to the crease being set too high / too low, it could be due to the crease was not set deep enough and some thicker tissue was incorporated into the crease.  Sometimes the thickness is related to the thicker brow tissue being pulled over the crease.  All reasons require different approaches. You are welcome to email me photos and I can do a phone or video consult.  I have people from all over the world carry out consults with me remotely! I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for reading, Dr Young

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling one year after double eyelid surgery

+1

True prolonged swelling one year after double eyelid surgery is rare. However, it does take scars at least a year to mature. In this case, photographs would be helpful. It is possible that a thickened scar may contribute to a more "swollen" look. Your best bet is to have your surgeon evaluate your incisions.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon