Over Projected Tip 2 Weeks Post Op, is it Too Early to be Worrying? (Photo)

I underwent a septo/rhino and had a bone spur removed off of the bridge of my nose. My doctor said that he used my own cartilage to push up the tip, supposedly to make it appear smaller. It appears unbalanced with the rest of my face now. Is it still too early for me to be worrying about having to get a revision done? If it's not related to swelling, what kind of tecniques can be used to make the tip appear balanced with the rest of my nose/face?

Over Projected Tip 2 Weeks Post Op, is it Too Early to be Worrying?

+1

Two weeks after Rhinoplasty is too soon to be worried and a profile view, of the nose would be required to evaluate the nasal tip projection.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

2 weeks after rhinoplasty

+1

The appearance of your nose at this point during your recovery is not indicative of your final result. Postoperatively, it is normal for there to be edema (swelling) of the soft tissue of the nose. Some of the appearance that you describe may be partly due to that edema. Post operative anxiety is common during this time period between splint removal and the resolution of edema. At 2 weeks, you are still in the early stages of healing. You should not try to judge your result at this time. Compared with the early postoperative appearance, the nose can become both less projected and less rotated during the first several weeks following surgery. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.pearsonmd.com/rhinoplasty-surgery.htm

Nose looking overprojected 2 weeks postop

+1

It is too early to be worried about having a revision rhinoplasty. Your nasal tip would be expected to have quite a bit of swelling this early on.

If your nose is too projected once you're done healing this can be improved to help balance things out with your overall facial features. I would wait about 12 months before considering this, though.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/revision-rhinoplasty

Two weeks post rhinoplasty to early to determine results

+1
The swelling in the nose takes time to fully dissipate. It is simply to early to determine your result or worry about revision surgery. It will take approximately three months for the majority of the swelling to go down and then it takes up to a full year to see the last portions of the swelling fully dissipate. After the one year period has passed you can sit down with your surgeon and/or get a second opinion to determine a good surgical plan if revision is needed. Best regards!

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com

Doesn't Like the tip of the nose 2 weeks after rhinoplasty

+1

The best advice I can give anyone 2 weeks after a rhinoplasty is to stop looking at the mirror and forget about it for about 3 months.  Your nose is going to go through MANY changes in the early postoperative phase.  Take comfort in 2 things:  1:  Anything that may need to be done/revised would not take place for a MINIMUM of 8-12 months after your surgery, and 2:  There's nothing that you can do about it right now.  So don't drive yourself crazy.  

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Tip revsion

+1

Your tip looks quite swollen and it is way to early to panic or start thinking about revision. It will look much different in another 4 weeks and then again in 8 weeks. Try to be patient and stay in contact with your surgeon.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Way too early to worry

+1

The result at two weeks post-rhinoplasty is in no means the final result.  You must remain patient because the tip will most likely come down.  The tip usually swells the most, due to its low position on the nose and gravity pulls the swelling there.  Also, many of the sutures (stitches) that are placed in the nose to project it many dissolve over a few months and drop the tip back to a more normal position.  Stick with the recovery.

Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Results after 2 weeks

+1

Way too early to start worrying about your results. Looks ok for now. Give it time, like at least 3 months! 

Rhinoplasty and tip

+1

At two weeks our form rhinoplasty surgery, the tip may look slightly elevated and will in all ikelihood descend a bit.  Be patient.

Be patient, tip will go down

+1
Two weeks is far to early to see the final results. The tip usually swells the most and takes the longest to heal and take its final defined shape. It takes months for most of the swelling in the tip to come down especially if tip cartilage grafts are used. The ultimate shape and definition can take up to 12 to 18 months to reveal itself. Do not worry about revision surgery yet; but do communicate your concerns to your doctor.