Is This Progress? - Necklift Seroma (photo)

Am 2 months out from facelift/necklift. Doctor aspirated initially until nothing came out. The hard ropey mass has softened but retains the size and shape. Doctor suggests this is good and to continue massage. Is softening progress? Is this considered a large seroma for one's neck?. Any suggestions or tips to encourage its departure? It's stings.

Is This Progress? - Necklift Seroma

This area will probably improve as the scar softens.  Massage may help with this.

Neck Seroma

The area that you are showing seems to be related to a drain.  There may be a seroma or organized hematoma around the drain tract.  I agree with your doctor about continued massage to area to soften the area.  In rare cases I have used some dilute corticosteroids to help correct issues such as this.  Continue your follow with your surgeon.  

Michael Sundine, MD

Necklift seroma treatment.

Necklift seroma treatment is what you have stated. I have my patients have ultrasound treatments done in my office by the aesthetician for this.