Profractional Xc Vs Fraxel Re:store for Acne Scars

i recently had my first fraxel re:store dual treatment done about two weeks ago.although i have seen results in my skin appearance, i still have the same acne scars.now i plan on doing more treatments as i know it takes several trtmnts in a series, but if im spending 1000$ a treatment i dont want to get a half A treatment. so my question is is a profractional xc going to be more effective for my acne scars than treatments with the fraxel re:store? also how many treatments would i neeed for each?

Acne scars and fraxel restore

+1

Your acne scars are moderately deep. The reality is that NO treatment can give you back the skin you had before the acne created the scars. Deep aggressive dermabrasion, carbon dioxide ablative non fractional, deep chemical peel (will turn the skin too white for you) and fractional carbon dioxide ablative lasers will require one and a half to two weeks of healing, significant downtime.  The first week you will look scary as this is a second degree burn.  Multiple Fraxel Restore treatments can help add up to a better result than one of the more aggressive treatments.  Keep in mind that the aggressive treatments have a higher chance of scarring.  I have been extremely happy, as are many of my acne scar patients, with the results I can achieve with deep energy settings on the Fraxel Restore, but done multiple times. There is no set rule, but I often recommend six treatments, three weeks apart, followed by six months of letting nature takes its course and have the body create new collagen, then repeat more sessions if needed. The scars remain but they start to look better as the walls become sloped rather than cliffs, and the base of the scar starts to rise up as more collagen is formed.