Can Profractional Sciton Laser Cause Scars? If So, What Can Be Done to Correct the Damage?

I just had my first Profractional Laser treatment done almost 4 days ago. My face is still very swollen and red. I also have pin point marks on my face and a grid like appearance. Also have a few areas that are brownish in color and the skin feels raised to the touch. Could these be scars from the laser? I'm just wondering how long it is going to take for this to get better? I'm absolutly devestated by my appearance.

Pin point brown spots 4 days after profractional treatments

+1

Thank you for your question.  This is 100% normal and expected.  Scars with profractional laser are extremely rare.  The pin point spots are the #laser beam going through the small perforated shield which allows for quicker recovery. Give it a few more days of healing.  I have had my Sciton Erbium laser in my Toronto plastic surgery office for 7 years now and I am still very happy with the results!  Healing take between 5-10 days or so, depending on your skin type and your healing ability.  Be patient for a few more days!  Best of luck, Dr. Marc DuPere, Toronto Plastic Surgeon, board-certified.

Healing after Profractional

+1

Profractional is very safe with regards to risk for scarring.  Also, as long as your skin is not red and painful you do not need to worry about infection.  You may have had an aggressive treatment and your skin may be more reactive which may be why it is taking you a little longer to heal.  Normally patients can take anywhere from 3-10 days until they feel like their skin is back to normal.

Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon