Profractional Laser for Tightening Skin?

I had Profractional laser done to tighten baggy, saggy skin around my mouth. Three weeks later, it doesn't look to me as if there has been any improvement. How long will it take to see noticeable tightening of the skin? If, at all?

Profractional laser takes a considerable amount of time

+3

We extensively use the Profractional laser and it takes many months for you to see your results. The collagen remodeling effect will cause skin tightening and result in a great result. I usually do 2 treatments spaced 6-8 weeks apart and then wait 6 months before considering any additional treatments to examine the result. I also usually do a Microlaserpeel first at a very superficial depth to get an enhanced result with the Profractional laser.

I would hope that you will start to see some excellent results 3-4 months down the road. Tightening of the skin will be the last thing you will notice, improved texture and pigmentation removal will come earlier. You can always go back for a touch up treatment, being too aggressive with laser treatments can lead to potential complications.

Hope that helps.

Prfractional to tighten lines around the mouth

+1

It is important to know that the results of any ablative or fractionated laser will be delayed.  The goal of these lasers is to stimulate your own collagen.  The Prforactional can do this effectively and will stimulate collagen growth for 6-12 months.  So if done properly and deeply enough, you will see results within weeks to months but final results may not be apparent until 6-12 months.  In the meantime, additional treatments can be beneficial and cumulative if recommended by your doctor.

Boulder Dermatologist