Do Lasers Cause Filler to Degrade Faster?

Do ProFractional lasers breakdown fillers? I am getting ready to have a laser treatment in one week and I am wondering if I should wait to do filler?

Laser and Fillers - Which first?

+2

We perform the laser treatment first regardless if it is an ablative procedure or a non-ablative laser treatment. Most manufacturers of filler products have suggested that heat (ex: tanning booths, excessive UV exposure, lasers) can degrade the product much quicker...not good if you were the one that just invested in a syringe of product. We recommend doing the filler procedure 2 weeks after an ablative procedure (if completely healed). Non-ablative (no downtime) lasers usually may be done before the injection procedure or one week after the filler placement.

Laser first

+1

The heat of laser can detiorate fillers so you may want to do the laser first and do the fillers after you heal from the laser.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS