Would Profractional Laser Clear my Acne Scars? (photo)

I went to a dermatologist and she believes one chemical peel & one treatment of profractional laser would rid my skin of the scarring, any input??

Profractional laser

+1

Thank you for submitting a photo.  We recommend that you visit a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist for a proper consultation and evaluation.  It looks that profractional or even a microlaser peel will be both a great option for your skin.  With acne, you may need additional treatments. Usually 3-5 treatments are needed to receive the results desired.  You will get an improvement of possibly 30-50% in appearance.

Acne Scarring and Profractional

+1

Thank you for taking the time post a question. Although your acne scarring is superficial to moderately deep in the images, I would expect it would take more than a single superficial treatment with profractional or a single stage medium depth profractional procedure with superficial ablation to give you considerable improvement. However, I would wait until your acne is under control and you are no longer having eruptions. A combination of medical management and superficial chemical peels is effective in getting the acne under control.  I hope this helps, Take care

Robert Brobst, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Profraction Helpful For Acne Scars

+1

Thank you for sharing your photos.  You would definately benefit from profractional for your acne scars.  In my experience more than one treatment is required. Best wishes!

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Acne scars

+1

Fortunately your acne scarring is quite superficial and should respond well to fractional resurfacing.  It still appears you have some active disease, so it is best to get that under control first and then proceed with scar revision.  Unless your first consultant was recommending a deeper TCA peel, I personally do not find the superficial TCA or Jessners or Sal Acid Peels work.  Profractional FX laser treatment works.  Plan on at least two or three treatments spaced about a month apart.

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

ProFractional laser for acne scarring

+1

ProFractional laser is a fractionated laser resurfacing which has had terrific results for acne scars. It is very difficult to predict how many treatments you will need, but typically I find 4-6 treatments give outstanding results for most patients with acne scarring. That said, some people do sufficiently well with 1-2 treatments, depending on the depth of the scar and other factors. Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon