Profractional, Acne Scars and Vitiligo

Is profractional laser treatment recommended for someone with acne scars AND Vitiligo? My cosm surgeon said I will need min 3 treatments & possibly fillers for some of the deeper scars. Does that sound right? Background I am E.Indian of SkinType4. See pic for acne scars. I have Vitiligo, tho no vit scar noticed on injury. My surgeon doesnt think profractional will cause any Vit issues. But I have asked him to do a test patch first and wait for 6 wks before we do the full face. Good idea??

Erbium ProFractional can help BOTH acne scars and vitligo....but- read more

Did you know that fractional laser can also treat vitligo? So the answer is yes. You may get some PIH or darkening of the skin after the laser treatment. I personally would do a test spot, given the history of vitligo. With darker skin types, you will require more treatments than someone who has lighter skin. Possibly 4-7 treatments. 
Good luck with your treatment. 

Regards

Dr Davin Lim
Laser and cosmetic dermatologist
Brisbane and Gold Coast
AUSTRALIA

Brisbane Dermatologist

Profractional for acne scars and vitiligo

Absolutely. That is a great idea. Test patches are a must prior to doing any laser treatments. Since you have Vitiligo I would recommend you have some microneedling treatments done (minimum 1.5mm-2.0mm). If done by a professional, these treatments will improve your acne scars a substantial amount.