Profile view (bump on nose tip) after tip plasty and alarplasty?

Hi there, I did tip plasty and alarplasty (without augmenting my bridge, even though I do not have a tall nose bridge). 2.5 weeks later, I notice my profile still has a bump on the nose tip. hence, from side profile, you can see my tip is raised (resulting in a bump) and non straight profile. The doctor added ear cartilage to my nose tip. My nose bridge is quite flat (But i did not want to add any implant). Is this due to swelling? Or is this a permanent result since I only raised the tip?

+2
It is too early to make a determination about the final result.

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

2.5 week Post Rhinoplasty Question

+2
There is certainly swelling in the nose at 2.5 weeks post op. It takes one month for 50% of the swelling to resolve, three mths for 75%, and one year for the final result. Consult your surgeon, trust the guidance, and be patient. If necessary, seek a second opinion.

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon