How Do U Know What Profile is for Your Body? I Want to go From C to D Cup.

im a 32c going for ba, but not happy with current size ,shape and everything else, how do i know what profile? if im already a c wanting only to go a little bigger maybe small d?

Best Breast Implant Profile for Me?

+1

I would suggest that you do the following:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Don't try to choose which breast implants are best for you. It's pretty technical.

+1

Hi.  I hope you find this article useful.

1)  This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2)  It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3)  Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4)  Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy.  The most common mistake is to go too big.

5)  I recommend that  the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6)  The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7)  Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8)  Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating room inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

The surgeon will decide which profile suits your physique.

+1

In most cases I use a moderate plus profile to accentuate the existing shape of the patients form. 

The only times I use a high profile implant are if the patient does not have much existing volume to begin with, they want to increase their size dramatically (which I generally advise against, balance is best) or they have a narrow frame and a moderate implant will be too wide and push into the armpit.

It will be up to your surgeon to advise which shape and size of implant is best for you to achieve the results you desire, although the final choice will be yours.

Sofia K. Kirk, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon