What Profile and Cc for Implant?

Ok, my chest measures 33", and each breast measures about 10". I'm 5' and 125 lbs, bigger boned- kind of a stocky build. I wear a 38 B, but would like to have a 38 D to make my breasts rounder and fuller. I want a broader result to give me a good proportioned look. What profile and CC sounds like it could give me this result? I really don't want that look that makes the nipples point down.. lol.. If the breast was fuller below the areoles, the nipples would probably be in a good place.

Sizing breast implants

+2

I disagree with the use of external sizers to determine the effects of a properly positioned implants. Although there is no simple way to measure current overall size of a breast and the size of the breast after the augmentation even when the number of cc's of the implant are known, the best way to size implants is to know what will fit and look right and what its effect will be on apparent cup size of the breast. 

The key measurement is the diameter of the breast upright with arms down. This determines the width of the implant that will fit properly behind the breast and avoid things like the "nipples point down" result. In round implants which are suitable for nearly all cosmetic situations, this also determines the height of the implant. The patient can choose the forward profile/volume of the implant and the effect of this is about one cup size increase for lowest profile implants (in subpectoral position) and about two cup sizes for a high profile implant. Medium profiles would be in between. The number of cc's of the implant is found by looking up the correct diameter of implant in high profile (for the two cup size increase from B to D cup). The implant is then known to fit and what effect it will have. The rest is getting it positioned properly behind the breast and getting it healed there. 

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Choosing implants

+1

Hello. The most important factors for determining the size of implants that could be used on a patient include width of the base of the breast, the size of your thorax and the amount of breast tissue and skin you have. Once a surgeon has this information he could better educate you on what type of implants would work best for you. It is hard to give more info without an in person evaluation or at least pictures.
Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

What Profile and Cc for Implant?

+1

To go from a B to a D may require 400 cc on average.  In larger or wider women, this may require 500 cc.  You need to try on sizers in the office, and this size issue can be sorted out very quickly.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.   Look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to determine the plastic surgeon who can produce the results you would like.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast Enlargement, Board Certified, Fat Transfer

+1

Great points brought out by my friends Dr Gottlieb and Dr Wong.  I think trying on implants is the best way to communicate your goals to a surgeon.  Sadly, we as surgeons cannot communicate in cup size as it is not precise enough.  In other words, there are too many variables which can affect bra sizing.  It is best for us to know the volume measured in cubic centimeters (cc).  Dr Wong's recommendation to increase the chosen volume makes a lot of sense since 80% of patients wish they were larger after surgery.  You are on the right track.  Do your home work and chose a surgeon based their results and your comfort level.  Good luck.

Ralph W. Bashioum, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

How to decide on implant style and size?

+1

My patients size with external sizers in an no padding, stretch cup bra and the size is determined by what they like when they view themselves in a mirror.  I do upsize by 10% and this has been very accurate in predicting the size and look.  As for style of implant, I select that according to the dimensions of their chest and the width of their breasts.  Some doctors are fearful of exceeding your natural width but if you have a huge space between them, you must exceed the width to achieve a better result.

Curtis Wong, MD

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.
 I hope this (and the attached link) help.

What Profile and Cc for Implant?

+1

An exam is the standard way of getting the answers you wish. But without at least a photo, it is really not possible to give useful advice. If your nipples and areolas are low, implants will not fix that--they are more likely to give an even more unsatisfactory appearance of natural breast tissue draping off the implants. 

Best suggestion--When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.