What are the stats of breathing loss and change in vocal range / tone after a rhino? (photo)

I Am a Professional Singer and Am Concerned About the Possible Change in my Voice After a Rhino? What are the stats of breathing loss and change in vocal range / tone after a rhino? I Broke my nose when I was 12 and have been insecure about it since. I would love to get and rhino and can afford it , but I am a professional singer and want to know the likelihood of it affecting my career . Thanks for your help!

Change in voice after rhinoplasty?

+1

It is possible to perform a rhinoplasty without changing the voice. If anything, your singing can improve because you will be able to breathe better. I would recommend doing your homework and choosing a board certified rhinoplasty specialist to perform your procedure. Look for board certification and credentials, a good amount of before and after photos showcasing the surgeon's work, and great patient testimonials. Your prospective surgeon will be able to answer any questions you may have about any effects the surgery may have on your singing voice. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastyspecialist.com/rhinoplasty/

No change expected to vocal tone following a rhinoplasty

+1

I have performed rhinoplasty surgery on many professional singers and as long as there is not increase in nasal airway obstruction there should be no change in your vocal tone or to your singing voice.  

Singing and rhinoplasty

+1

Many people have heard that the reason Barbra Streisand never got a nose job is because she was afraid it would affect her voice.  I think that story may just be folk lore.  A rhinoplasty should not alter your once as long as your nasal airway remains clear after the surgery.  Mae sure you choose an experienced surgeon who properly addresses the issue of your breathing as well as your cosmetic concerns.

Singer rhinoplasty

+1

There is no clinical or medical evidence that having a rhinoplasty will alter your sing voice either in pitch or range. I personally reviewed this a few years ago but saw nothing in the speech or medical literature.

You can get nasal airflow studies to see how obstructed you are? Having performed surgery on singers, professional voice users, there has been no change in their voices. You should feel confident that your surgery will not alter your singing voice

David Ellis MD FRCSC

Toronto  Facial Plastic Surgeon

Art of Facial Surgery

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and changes in the professional voice

+1

Performing a rhinoplasty will not affect  your vocal range.   Since your nose has been broken there is a high likelihood that the internal septum has been fractured or deviated as well and may need to be fixed.   Repair of a deviated septum usually improves the quality of the voice. Virtual rhinoplasty software is available in our website to give  yourself an idea of what  your  new nose might look like

Web reference: http://seattlefacial.com

Rhinoplasty Affects Nasal Breathing Rarely, and Change in Vocal Range and Tone Very Rarely

+1

Hi Singer88,

I just presented a talk at State of the Art in Facial Aesthetics 2013 on Rhinoplasty and correction of breathing problems.  Studies have shown that nasal breathing may be affected in about 10% of rhinoplasties.  I have operated on many singers, actors, radio and television commentators without having had a change in their voice.  Most importantly choose your rhinoplasty surgeon carefully. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Rhinoplasty on Professional Singer

+1

In our location for the past 35 years we frequently see entertainers, including singers - your concerns have not been a problem. As long as an experienced surgeon does the work and you avoid significant narrowing the tone and quality of your voice will be preserved.